Monday, May 4, 2009

Pentathalon


Breanna had fun in her pentathalon competition. This is something they do every year for 4th and 5th graders. Last year she didn't make it to district, so she has been practicing and practicing her heart out. I was really impressed with her. The kids were dividing out into 5 groups that rotated through the events. In her group, she beat out all the girls in each event and there were only one or two boys who were better than her. I can't compare her to the other groups because I didn't see their scores, but I thought she did wonderful!! The only event I missed was the 40 yard dash.


JUMP!!! her best was 8 feet 2 inches.... (only one boy beat that by one inch)


She made 42 inches on the high jump. The highest girl in her group.

Shotput is not her strength with her 'chicken' arms, but she managed a great heave of
14 feet 6 inches.
Finishing the 400 meter which she did in 1 minute 36 seconds. The fastest girl.

1 comment:

The Mom said...

Such a talented girl! Way to go!