Tuesday, April 20, 2010

WICKED!!!

Wow. I am a month behind on this thing. In March we had a WONDERFUL trip to San Francisco. This was a girls trip only with Shaun's side of the family. I am so lucky to be able to have married into such a wonderful family. They are always doing such fun things. We drove to California and that was a LONG drive... but the kids did great. We stayed in a condo just north of San Fran and it was soooo pretty there. They were just starting spring and the trees were in bloom and the hills were green and there were vineyards all over the place. We spent the first day shopping and then drove into San Fran to see WICKED. The girls just loved it. Brooklyn sat on the edge of her seat the entire time. When it was over she turned to me and said 'That was GOOD!" The next day we went back and walked all over the place and rode the trolley cars, drove up and down those crazy steep streets and Lombard street was a hit with the kids. We just had fun. We were exhausted and had to get up at 3 am to head back home.


Getting ready for Wicked!!



Almost time to go in!!!! Can't wait!


Here's the gang. We had me, Sheri (Shaun's sister), her daughter Nichole, Aunt Carol, Erin (Shannon's daughter), Shannon (Shaun's sister), Brooklyn, Breanna, Sydnee, Makenna(Shannon's daugther)


me and BK. (not sure what's up with the peace sign)


Shopping in Chinatown. The girls had to get some cheap trinkets.


The trolley cars were a hit. The older girls got to ride standing on the outside of one. I didn't dare let Brooklyn do that though!


Breanna with Alcatraz in the background.


We finally stopped to eat about 4pm and we were starving and tired. We had some delicious clam chowder and seafood. YUMMY.

NO, she is not pouting. She is asleep. She zonked out immediately. She literally skipped though San Francisco. Not kidding. She was so good and well behaved.

Here we are on our way home!!!

3 comments:

Rich and Tyra said...

So fun! I want to see Wicked so bad! What a fun girls trip! I didn't even know you had a blog so I am glad to see it! And it isn't boring!!! Silly girl!

Amy W said...

OH HOW FUN!!! I love San Fran, it is so much fun and so colorful. What a great trip to remember. :)

Melanie said...

I'm glad you found me! I was so jealous that you guys got to go...I've been wanting to see that for so long! I read the book and heard the play was tons better:) I love the idea of a girls weekend! I'll have to try that sometime!