Friday, September 18, 2009

In Loving Memory

The world lost a wonderful person today. Kenna Diane Hughes Smith passed away today September 18, 2009 after a short but hard fought battle against cancer. About 6 months ago, they found large tumor in Shaun's mom's uterus. They did surgery and removed it and then she spent the summer doing chemo treatments. She fought hard, and for the first couple of treatments it seemed to be working, but then it became apparent about 2 weeks ago that the tumors had come back and in full force. She was already so weak from the chemo treatments that it didn't take long for the cancer to take over. We have spent an emotional 2 weeks and we are so very sad she is gone, but we also know she is free from pain. We also know she is reunited with her daughter Jamie, who died 23 years ago at the age of 8, and with her parents. I know she will watch over and take care of us all. I posted a few random pictures from over the years. Looking back I wish I had taken many more pictures with her and the kids.















1 comment:

The Mom said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time. We hope the funeral went well. It just doesn't seem fair that some people have to lose a parent so soon. She was a neat woman!