Today was a big day in Brooklyn's life. Her first major hair cut and she is 5 years old. We took the plunge and cut her hair. We have been talking and debating this for a while now. I love her long beautiful hair and so does she. However, the battles every morning and night with her hair and the brush have been getting to be too much and neither one of us can take it anymore. So alas, we agreed to chop chop. I figured if we were going to cut it, then why not go big. We thought of Locks of Love and after explaining this to Brooklyn, she agreed to donate her hair so another little girl can have hair of her own. Our friend and babysitter Malinda did the honors and it turned out great! Here are some pictures of the journey...

This was this morning before school.

We thought a ruler would help to see just how long it really is... you can see it goes below her waistline.

"The Chair"...

First one braid....

Then the other.... no tears yet.

Wow, see my braids... each is 13 inches.

Oh, so cute. I can't believe we didn't do this sooner!!!
2 comments:
She looks so cute with her hair short!! :) I didn't realize it was so long.
Jan told me about this so I had to check it out. She looks so adorable!!
Post a Comment